Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Email Ettiquette

I recently received an email regarding the AZ dessert and attached were photos of what was suppose to be this Majestic place, and instead it showed litter and scattered clothing and said it was due to the Mexicans. The email further criticized and insulted the Mexican President, and Our own President Obama. It was sent to me by a woman who claims to be a devout Christian. That was very frightening in addition to being insulting. She sent that to me knowing that I am a supporter of President Obama, and that I am against the linching happening in AZ. But even without that knowledge, I question how someone who claims to be a follower of Christ the most perfect example of Love could ever forward such nonsense and trash to anyone. The answer: Racism. She is a Racist. Christ would never support such negative unloving behavior. Such Bigotry.

How do we know something is not okay to forward? If the content is offensive to anyone that you know. In other words if you CAN'T send the email to everyone in your address book, then it is inappropriate. We CHOOSE not to include certain ones in information that we forward, but it is a choice, not that we can't we simply choose not to. There is a difference.

My sincerity of heart moved me to pray for this woman. I also deleted and blocked her, as I do not have to subject myself to such bold faced Racism.

Strive to live your best life in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment